Sunday, February 15, 2009

The V-Day

Time for a break from the short story. I'm actually thinking of finishing the story to be a complete book coz when I was writing it and even after I've written that first part, I've sort of gotten a lot of ideas for it. So maybe I'll finish it as a short story or make enough twists for a book.

Now enough of the book. I'd like to write a bit about my day yesterday. It was Valentine's Day and I haven't planned on doing anything special. But Karl and I woke up early to go to the bank. Then we headed to the supermarket but we were not thinking of really buying anything. Thinking about it, it was fun going to the supermarket when you're not in a hurry and when it seems you could browse and check a lot of stuff or simply window shop. We managed to buy some things and waited for the salon to open. Karl had his hair cut and I urged him to have some highlights as well. It was one thing that he seemed to be thinking of doing for a very long time but haven't got the guts to really do it but yesterday, he finally did. I waited for him to finish in a shop and when I saw him with his new look, I thought he looked funny. But not because of his new look but because he looked like he was feeling weird and awkward. But I told him it looked nice and just sort of casual so he doesn't need to bother.

When we got home and had lunch, he was teased by our housemates but I told him not to mind them. His new look made him look much younger especially after he have shaved. We prepared to leave because Karl had some appointments. We went to Wellington School and watched football practice by some youngsters where they promoted the Adidas products. I returned back in the car and had a nap. Then we went to Al Safa Park to bring the promoters there.

As we haven't planned anything, we went to Dubai Mall, roamed a bit, visited the Adidas shop and had dinner. The we dropped by at Festival City to visit the Originals shop there. While Karl was talking to the shop assistants, I managed to find a nice pair of high-cut shoes.

Overall, Valentines Day is alright. It wasn't the usual fine dining date with flowers or anything, but spending the day with Karl was a nice enough celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment