Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Disppointed

I tried to look for some freelance writing jobs on the internet yesterday. I figured I could do some use with my writing skills, writing and earning at the same time. I registered in a website which I found so interesting. An email was sent to me for verification and I was led to a test.

Taking the test was quite fun. I remembered my high school English tests. The first part was grammar which was kinda elementary and the second part was essay. I was tasked to write a movie review of 100-150 words with the specified format and given keywords, all under a 15-minute time pressure.

But I was able to accomplish the test and waited in great anticipation for the results. I then received an email that I should expect the results, either accepted or not, within two weeks. I felt quite positive and to my surprise, just this morning, I received my acceptance letter.

I started reading about their system, writing guides and principles, requirements, etc. I felt I was quite ready to take on my first order. And so when I checked on the available orders, I found myself heavily disappointed that not even a single order out of more than 150 orders caught my interest.

The job orders were to write research papers, term papers, course outlines, modules, etc. based on the topics the clients provided. OMG! They are assignments! I can't quite get a grip on the fact that these clients are students from all over the world, looking for writers to do their assignments for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment