Sunday, February 22, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic The Movie


I have actually waited for Shopaholic The Movie for a few months already. The showing was delayed by a couple of months. Though I waited for it, I didn't quite expect to like it that much because of the press releases I read about the film. And personally, the pictures I've seen weren't what I was expecting of Becky Bloomwood, not because of Isla Fisher, but because of what she looked like.

Watching the movie however, I've thought of some points that made me like the movie despite all the qualms I had. The movie was very unlike the story in the books but they did get the gist. The movie was a mixture of three Shopaholic books, Confessions, Abroad and Ties the Knot. Although in the original story, Becky was British, and in the movie she was American, I thought it was fine. It was her being addicted to shopping that was important, afterall.

The part I didn't like the most was about Luke. First of all, Luke Brandon should've already established his own company, and although Hugh Dancy is good looking enough, he doesn't fit the description of the "original" Luke Brandon. Well, I must just understand the thought behind this was to make a nice twist to the story.

Overall, the movie was great, not comparing it with the stories in the book, however. It was funny and witty and romantic, all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment