Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Turning Three

It's the 26th of May. I couldn't bring myself to think that I have turned on my third year of staying away from home, here on this foreign land. These three years seemed long and short at the same time. Too long were the times I missed my family, my country, my home. Too short were the times I had yet to stay here to become who I want to be. There had been ups and downs and many more to look forward to, yet I have to live through it all. The good times and the bad times, all part of life I cannot avoid.
As I turn three, I sit back and think of where I had begun. But most important of all, I focus on what lays ahead for me. I believe that life is a matter of choice and you end up where you are because of your decisions and so I always decide to plan ahead. There are a lot of things I want to achieve at once and I have to remind myself that everything will not always happen the way I wanted it too.
There is still too much to gain, too much to achieve, too many to learn. And now as I turn three, I am looking forward to turning four.

No comments:

Post a Comment