Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bookaholic


'You know you're a bookaholic when...you can't leave a bookstore without buying something, even when you have a "to-be-read" pile a mile high.' You won't find the term "bookaholic" in the dictionary but the word exists as it rings true to a lot of people who are addicted to books. Yeah, you can be a bookworm, but personally, I feel the term denotes something else. I can call myself a big fan of books but not until yesterday that I admitted that I was a "bookaholic". I spotted several books at Virgin the other day but I was able to stop myself from buying anything. Honestly, I shouldn't be reading any novels at the moment since I have to cram to study for my exams but I can't help myself.
Yesterday while at Burjuman, I dropped by a Virgin store again and found the same books I was eyeing the other day. They also had a great sale, buy three for two, which sounded perfect. But since I knew that there's a Magrudy's store in the mall, I went there to peruse some titles.
I've been waiting for Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol but I was planning to wait and buy the paperback version. Addicted as I was, I was completely enticed by the hardbound book and so I bought one.
Then I went back to the Virgin store and grabbed a handful of different titles: The Atlantis Code by Charles Brokaw, The Beach House by Jane Green, Julie & Julia by Julie Powell, Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble, This Charming Man by Marian Keyes and Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea.
I was so delighted by my great haul, different books with different themes and genre. But I also felt sad that I have to keep myself from reading the books I just bought since a mile-high pile of reviewers are awaiting my attention. Sigh! I have to get myself away from temptation. I really do hope that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment