Sunday, April 12, 2009

Immer Wieder

It is one of these times again, these moments, when I feel depressed, anxious, and self-pitying. Maybe it's just normal to feel so inadequate and I really can't help it. I feel envious when I see what others have, what others can do. And I don't have it, I can't. I can't help but ask, are they really more blessed than me? I simply stare and question, why do I have nothing?

But then again, I just have to open my eyes wider to see clearly. There are those people with terminal illnesses. Some can't even eat. Some don't go to school. There are still those caught in the middle of wars, who have lost their loved ones. And there are those who are torn apart.

Then I would understand that I am still blessed. I am healthy. I have food on my plate. I have a job. I have a family. And thinking of all of these, I should smile and be thankful because I have more than enough. But I can't help but feel sad. It's just one of those times again. Immer wieder.

No comments:

Post a Comment