Saturday, July 21, 2007

Potty About Potter


I think I'm gonna go totally insane with my one and only addiction- Harry Potter! I can't contain my excitement during the past few days of the actual Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows launching. The Order of the Phoenix movie was shown a week earlier but it was shown here in the UAE just last thursday, 19th of July. We rushed in after office just to see the movie on its first day. The movie was good enough for me, but not actually satisfying enough. As I've read the books from the beginning, I found a lot of missing pieces in the movie. But it was actually fair enough and well-justified as per the book itself. The movie jsut left me hanging and intensified my excitement, curiosity and anticipation towards the last book, the end of Harry Potter.

Though I am obviously quite vocal with my addiction, I didn't go to the bookstore at exactly 3am (UAE time) just to have the book. Patiently, I waited to avoid the rush (actually, because I still have to go to work, and I wouldn't want my boss to catch me sleeping!). So off I went to Magrudy's Bookshop at 6am and handed my reservation card, I made a reservation as early as three months ago (not really a true fanatic, am I?). Just before I entered the shop, HP7 was conspicous enough, as it seemed that there were no other books that were on sale except HP7! I bought my copy, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, UK Children's edition. I managed to sneak peak at its brief back cover summary.

I was able to read a few pages on my way to the office and before my office hours started. I carefully peeked at the internet, checking the featured headline, if it wasn't about the ending of the book, not just yet. Yahoo featured the audio of JK's storytelling of the first few pages of the first chapter, with photos of the simultaneous book launch around the world, as slideshow background. However, in the afternoon, I saw yet another feature, this time, the one I've been dreading, a review of the final book. I didn't allow myself to satisfy my own curiosity, I just printed the news feature and hid it behind my desk.

I am still hoping I won't hear any news about the fate of Harry, until I finished the book to the last, final pages. I still am hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment